POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : user-defined media density function : user-defined media density function Server Time
31 Jul 2024 22:19:55 EDT (-0400)
  user-defined media density function
From: Eric Buddington
Date: 24 Aug 2006 20:25:01
Message: <web.44ee43068f5cf101abef64010@news.povray.org>
I'm trying to model the Earth's atmosphere (as a sphere) using scattering
media.
The atmosphere's density follows a e^(height) type function.
The available wave types don't seem to include this. I've played with
spherical mapping and poly and cubic wave types,but it's unsatisfactory so
far.

Is there a way for me to create a radial density pattern of A^Br, where 'r'
is the radius and A and B are constants?

-Eric